- A github account to be used by the bot.
- The client id and client secret, received when authorising the bot as gitter application or a personal access token.
Checkout the backend using git:
git checkout https://github.com/errbotio/err-backend-gitter
Edit errbot’s configuration file (config.py) and set the backend and backend directory variables:
BACKEND = 'Gitter' BOT_EXTRA_BACKEND_DIR = '/path_to/backend'
From there you have can either add an application or use a personal token from a user reserved to the bot.
Adding an application, workflow for auth¶
- pip install bottle requests
- execute the script: ./oauth.py` and it will guide you
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch: git checkout -b my-new-feature`
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request :D